Year Course Top Tips for a Great Year in Israel – Round 1!
By Andrea Cure
- Always have a reusable bag handy.
- Classes are great, but you’ll learn more about Israeli history and collective memory if you ask your taxi driver where he’s from.
- Never let your guard down at the beach – stray, high-speed matkot balls are EVERYWHERE!
- Circle the first day of Sukkot on your calendars – it’s the opening of Krembo season.
- Take in a soccer game, but don’t dare to call it anything but ‘football.’ (You can also learn some very colorful language watching the game that you probably won’t hear anywhere else…)
- Enjoy an impromptu outing by pooling all of your loose change with friends and having a picnic.
- Learn the difference between “white spreadable cheese” and “cottage cheese.” There’s nothing worse than thinking you bought a container of cottage cheese only to realize you purchased its weird white cheese cousin.
- Never pass up a Shabbat invitation – you never know who you’ll meet.
- Have a powerful experience on KUMA in Poland.
- Shoko b’Sakit