Mission & Vision
Our Mission: To inspire American Jews’ life-long engagement with Israel and the Jewish People.
Young Judaea is America’s oldest Zionist youth movement, turning spirited Jewish youth of diverse backgrounds and orientations into engaged leaders and inspired activists with a life-long commitment to Israel, Jewish life and tikkun olam (repairing the world). Through immersive informal and experiential education, Young Judaea fosters a sense of value and love for Jewish tradition and ritual and pride in the Jewish people, Israel and being Jewish.
Our life-changing camp, year-round and Israel experiences provide an open and pluralistic environment that encourages mutual respect and understanding between diverse groups of Jews, and empowers our chanichim by imbuing them with the self-confidence, independence, problem-solving skills, knowledge, and other tools they need to make informed choices for themselves and the communities they will help to shape.
- Young Judaea is a Zionist youth movement that embraces the diversity of the Jewish people.
- We inspire Jews to connect with their Jewish identity and to the Jewish people – past, present and future.
- We are committed to supporting the centrality of Israel in Jewish life.
- We empower our participants to imagine and bring about positive change in Israel and the world at large.
- We grow insightful, educated and creative leaders through powerful and life-changing experiences.
- We plant the seeds for a lifetime of commitment to Young Judaea’s values, vision and work.