Mission & Vision
For over 114 years…
Young Judaea has been inspiring Jewish youth of diverse backgrounds to become engaged leaders and inspired activists with a deep personal connection to Israel. The YJ Journey includes seven summer camps across the country, Year-round programming, and Israel experiences like Year Course, the premier pluralistic gap year program. Programs are designed to build leadership skills, social responsibility, critical thinking, and a life-long commitment to Israel and leading change through their personal and professional pursuits.
We are for the youth. By the youth. Everything we do is rooted in the belief that investing in today’s Young Judaeans will lead us to a stronger Jewish future.
Love of Israel, ahavat Israel, is at our core which is why we help develop unique and meaningful connections to Israel through immersive and educational experiences.
Deeply rooted in the Jewish value of tikkun olam, we inspire Young Judaeans to lead change in Israel and around the world for the causes that matter to them most.
Our life-changing camp, year-round and Israel experiences provide an open and pluralistic environment that encourages mutual respect and understanding between diverse groups of Jews, and empowers our chanichim by imbuing them with the self-confidence, independence, problem-solving skills, knowledge, and other tools they need to make informed choices for themselves and the communities they will help to shape.
- Young Judaea is a Zionist youth movement that embraces the diversity of the Jewish people.
- We inspire Jews to connect with their Jewish identity and to the Jewish people – past, present and future.
- We are committed to supporting the centrality of Israel in Jewish life.
- We empower our participants to imagine and bring about positive change in Israel and the world at large.
- We grow insightful, educated and creative leaders through powerful and life-changing experiences.
- We plant the seeds for a lifetime of commitment to Young Judaea’s values, vision and work.