National & Northeast Convention 2022
All Jewish teens, grades 8-12, regardless of their past Young Judaea experience, who are interested in becoming more involved in Young Judaea, exploring Israel, social activism and being together for Shabbat.
Conventions are large gatherings of Young Judaea’s participants, members, leaders, and friends to observe Shabbat together and learn about issues relevant to Judaism, Israel, Pluralism and Zionism. High quality programming will be offered to all Jewish teens, regardless of their current or previous levels of involvement in Young Judaea.
This year’s National and Northeast Regional convention will be combined into one fun-filled and action-packed weekend at Camp Tel Yehudah! All aspects of the convention will be planned and led entirely by teen leaders from the National Mazkirut and the three Northeast Mazkiriot.
Elections of the 2022-2023 National Mazkirut as well as the 2022-2023 Northeast Regional Mazkiriot will also take place at convention.
Our registration deadline is May 13th, 2022. All required forms are included in registration.
Yes, there are LIMITED subsidies available. Please go to THIS LINK to request a subsidy. Please note that most subsidies will not be more than $100.
Midway Jewish Center – 11:15AM – 330 South Oyster Bay Road, Syosset, NY 11791
Asphalt Green, NYC – 12:15PM – 555 East 90th Street, NY NY 10128
Greenburgh Shopping Center – 1:15PM – 101 Knollwood Rd, White Plains, NY 10607
Greenburgh Shopping Center – 2:00PM – 101 Knollwood Rd, White Plains, NY 10607
Asphalt Green, NYC – 3:00PM – 555 East 90th Street, NY NY 10128
Midway Jewish Center – 4:00PM – 330 South Oyster Bay Road, Syosset, NY 11791DRIVINGTo ensure the safety of our participants, while parents are welcome to drive participants to/from convention, participants are strongly discouraged from driving to/from convention themselves. If this is necessary, please contact the office at firstname.lastname@example.org to request special permission.MAY 27th:Participants who are being driven to camp should arrive at Camp Tel Yehudah between 3:30PM – 4:00PM. If you are unable to arrive during this window please contact us.MAY 30th:Participants should be picked up between 11:30AM – 12:00PM. If you are unable to depart during this window please contact us.
I can’t find flights that arrive within the times listed. Can I book something else?
- NO! The schedule is precise and our time is limited. All flights should fly in as listed in the above guidelines
- We must have enough time to arrive at camp by the time Shabbat comes in. Additionally, if a participant tries to book a flight that departs before 4PM Monday, May 30th, they will run the risk of not making their flight.
For more information contact email@example.com or call 914-902-5606
We are taking all possible precautions to ensure the health and safety of our participants. All participants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as defined by the CDC’s Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices and the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP)*. This includes boosters as indicated. Participants must also submit proof of a negative rapid test administered within 24 hours of the program (at-home tests accepted).
* The only attendees exempt from this policy will be those with proof of a medical reason why they cannot receive the vaccine, pending approval from our Medical Committee
If a participant develops COVID-19 symptoms during convention, we will administer a rapid test. If a participant tests positive during convention we will isolate them at Tel Yehudah until the participant and parent/guardian have made immediate arrangements at their own expense.
We have programming throughout the weekend that directly relates to your involvement with Young Judaea:
● For new chanichim (participants): Get to know Young Judaea, its values and its leaders
● For local leadership: Hone your leadership skills
● For chanichim returning to TY Summer 2022: Spend a Shabbat at camp and get excited for the summer!
● For TY, CJ, CYJ MW, CYJ Texas and Sprout Lake Campers – This is a great opportunity for you to see your camp friends and think about your future as leaders at your camps, in your YJ community and at home.
● For Hadracha Campers: We will be debating and discussing some of the issues that Hadracha chanichim will engage with this summer.
● For Gesher: We’re excited to have a many Gesher participants at convention. If you’re interested in participating in or helping to lead Gesher, coming to National & Northeast Convention is a great chance to get started!
● For HS Seniors: Young Judaea camp staff will have time to interact with teens planning to work at camps this summer. We will also be dedicating time for our incoming Young Judaea Year Course participants to begin exploring what issues they want to organize and affect change around on Year Course.
We will send an information guide to all participants and their parents via e-mail the week leading up to convention. It will contain the following:
– A complete packing list
-Precise airport arrival and departure instructions
-Instructions for Parent drop off at Camp Tel Yehudah, bus pick up locations and pick up/drop off procedures at Camp Tel Yehudah
If you cancel your participation before April 30th, 2022 you will be eligible for a refund of the total program fee. If you cancel before May 13th, 2022 you will be eligible for a 50% refund of the total program fee. After May 13th, 2022 no refunds will be available. Regardless of when you cancel, if cancellation occurs after you have purchased and airline ticket, you will be responsible for the full price of the airline ticket. No refunds will be given for participants who are dismissed and/or otherwise removed from or leave National & Northeast Convention for any reason (voluntary or involuntary) once the program has commenced. Young Judaea reserves the right to cancel National & Northeast Convention or program option, or change any of the itineraries due to low enrollment security or other reason as determined by Young Judaea’s sole and absolute discretion. Program prices are subject to change in Young Judaea’s sole and absolute discretion.
Note: All flight expenses are the responsibility of the participant.