Northeast Spring Convention FAQs
Spring Convention is the best opportunity for 8th graders to explore TY before they come for the entire session. Special tours and programming will be provided.
Bunks are organized according to grade. If you have concerns about bunking, please contact us at email@example.com.
As long as you let us know on your medical form on the registration site, we’ll make sure that we have lots of options for you. Please be as specific as you can on your form. If you have filled out our form (not the same as the TY registration system) in the past, please make sure that you go in and update it.
See above. Please make sure that your medical form is up-to-date. As with camp, no medications (except for epi-pens and inhalers) may be kept in bunks. You will hand your medications to a staff member at registrations and they will distribute the doses at the proper times. Please pack your medications in a baggie with your name and instructions written on the bag. Over the counter medication will only be distributed with permission of parent. Please mark the space in the registration form that indicates that permission is given.
Registration is done entirely online. In order for participants to register just go to RegPacks – you simply choose the event Northeast Spring Convention 2018. If you/your teen has already registered for an event, please do not open a new account, call 917-595-2100 x209 if you have any questions or issues with registration.
Yes, though our subsidy funds are very limited. Please complete the subsidy form here.
All Participants and Parents must sign and return this form (PDF Version) or this form (Word version). Forms can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 646-649-2422. Please note that the medical form is embedded in your register and you need to make sure that the information is updated.
Bus transportation will be automatically provided for all attendees and is included in the price of convention. Bus route is dependent on enrollment. If you are planning to be driven by your parents, please let us know if you will be able to take additional teens from your area. The tentative bus schedule is below.
If you are planning to join us from outside of the Northeast, please have your flight arrive at Newark between 8 and 11am on Friday, May 25th, 2018. Because this is a local convention, we cannot promise that we can do regular pick-ups and drop offs at the airport. Please phone 917-595-2100 x209 before booking any flights.
Participants being driven to Camp Tel Yehudah, drop off time on Friday is 3:00pm and pick up on Sunday is 8:00am – 10:00am.
Participants under 18 are not permitted to drive themselves to convention. This is contrary to Young Judaea policy and anyone driving to convention must be dropped off and picked up by a parent or guardian. However, seasoned 18 year old drivers are permitted to drive themselves and other teens with permission from parents (please request form).
All transportation questions can be sent to email@example.com.
- 3 shirts
- 2-3 pairs of pants
- 3 pairs of socks
- 3 pairs of underwear
- 1 pair of nice clothing appropriate for Shabbat dinner
- Toiletries (shampoo, soap ,toothpaste etc.)
- Sleeping bag
- Money for a YJ tshirt or other merchandise
- Warm jacket
If you cancel your participation before April 30th, 2018 you will be eligible for a refund of the total program fee, minus a $50.00 cancellation or administration fee. If you cancel before end of day May 10th, 2018 you will be eligible for a 50% refund of the total program fee. After May 10th, 2018 no refunds will be available. Regardless of when you cancel, if cancellation occurs after you have purchased and airline ticket, you will be responsible for the full price of the airline ticket. No refunds will be given for participants who are dismissed and/or otherwise removed from or leave Northeast Spring Convention for any reason (voluntary or involuntary) once the program has commenced. Young Judaea reserves the right to cancel Northeast Spring Bogrim Convention or program option, or change any of the itineraries due to low enrollment security or other reason as determined by Young Judaea’s sole and absolute discretion. Program prices are subject to change in Young Judaea’s sole and absolute discretion. Young Judaea shall not be responsible for fees or damages associated with such cancellation that participant may incur.
Note: All flight expenses are the responsibility of the participant.
Prices of the program are subject to change in Young Judaea’s sole and absolute discretion.
Tentative Bus Schedule
- NJ Bus Friday, May 25th, 2018
- East Brunswick Jewish Center – 12:00pm – 511 Ryders Lane, East Brunswick, NJ 08816
- Newark Airport: 12:45pm – Terminal A, Door 8, Arrivals Level
- West Orange JCC – 1:30pm – 760 Northfield Ave, West Orange, NJ 07052
- New York Bus Friday, May 25th, 2018
- Midwa Jewish Center – 11:45 – 330 South Oyster Bay Road, Syosset, NY 11791
- Asphalt Green, NYC – 12:30pm – 555 East 90th Street, NY NY 10128
- Greenburgh Shopping Center – 1:15pm – 101 Knollwood Rd, White Plains, NY 10607
- NJ Bus Friday, May 27th, 2018 (Leave Camp at 8:30am)
- West Orange JCC – 10:30am – 760 Northfield Ave, West Orange, NJ 07052
- Newark Airport: 11:15am – Terminal A, Door 8, Arrivals Level
- East Brunswick Jewish Center – 12:15pm – 511 Ryders Lane, East Brunswick, NJ 08816
- New York Bus Friday, May 27th, 2018 (Leaves Camp at 8:30am)
- Greenburgh Shopping Center – Approx. 10:30am – 101 Knollwood Rd, White Plains, NY 10607
- Asphalt Green, NYC – Approx. 11:30am – 555 East 90th Street, NY NY 10128
- Midway Jewish Center – Approx. 12:30pm – 330 South Oyster Bay Road, Syosset, NY 11791
Note: All stops are tentative and will depend on demand