- time Recent High School Graduates: 17-19 Years Old
- location Tel Aviv-Yafo and Jerusalem
- duration Nine Months
Tiyul – Outdoors Track
Do you love hiking and exploring new terrain, camping, and spending time in nature with friends? Then join Year Course’s Tiyul Track!
Offering a unique opportunity for you to explore Israel, up close and personal. Tiyul Track takes you all throughout the country, allowing you to discover Israel with your legs, learn about the land’s incredible diversity of plants and animals, and connect with your friends and Israel through challenging and rewarding outdoor experiences.
- Hiking in Israel’s varied terrain and exploring their unique characteristics and landscapes;
- Learning about the various types of plants, flowers and animals unique to each area of the country;
- Bonding with your friends while challenging yourself on Israel’s most beautiful hikes;
- Spending nights camping under the stars;
- Learning important outdoor skills such as camping, navigation, outdoor cooking, and more!
Tiyul Track will go on approximately seven to eight dedicated hikes in addition to the regular Year Course outdoor excursions, including three overnight hikes to the Galilee, Negev and Golan.
No prior experience is needed to join Tiyul Track – just bring your love of the outdoors and passion for hiking.
To learn more about this year’s Tiyul Track hikes, click here.
Jacob Bass, YC 15-16
Tiyul track was definitely one of the best decisions I made on Year Course. Hiking in Israel is fun, but it’s hard to get to some places, and Tiyul Track made getting to these places a lot easier with musch less hassle and was a really enjoyable experience.
Matt Kreitman, YC 15-16
It really took to me to places I would not have otherwise gotten to see and it encouraged me to go hiking on my weekends off. I have to say that one of the best decisions of Year Course for me was going on Tiyul Track.