- time Recent High School Graduates: 17-19 Years Old
- location Tel Aviv-Yafo and Jerusalem
- duration Nine Months
The Young Judaea Year Course Medical Track offers an interactive educational program along with hands-on experience on the ground (for those who choose to volunteer with Magen David Adom). Meet leading health professionals, work with Israeli paramedics, participate in tours and workshops and find out what it takes to become a member of this special group of individuals who devote their lives to saving others.
- Exploring many aspects of the professional medical field in Israel in an interactive and hands on way.
- Learning about what it takes to become a top medical professional from Israel’s best.
- Experiencing Israel as a forefront of medical practice, research, and technology worldwide.
- Becoming familiarized with humanitarian issues and aspects of Israel and Jewish contemporary life.
- Gaining hands-on experience via Magen David Adom in Tel Aviv-Yafo (if you choose to take part in this)- to experience the work of first responders through a ten day course followed by five weeks of volunteering on Israeli ambulances.
- Studying Jewish medical ethics and see its realization in Israeli hospitals
- Participating in weekly enrichment activities throughout the year as well as 2 overnight trips- participants are also eligible for three college credits.
No prior experience in the field of medicine is needed in order to be a participant on this program- just a desire to contribute to the field and to explore a possible medical career!
A basic level of conversational Hebrew (you will need to pass a Hebrew oral test prior to the beginning of the program) is required for participating in the MDA volunteering portion.
Note: Volunteering with MDA during the Tel Aviv-Yafo semester is not required and is not exclusive to the medical track. You may participate on the medical track and choose to participate in Marva or to volunteer in Tel Aviv-Yafo without the MDA portion, and you may volunteer with MDA without being on the medical track. However, If you are interested in the MDA portion, being registered for the medical track will give you priority since space is limited.