Israel Programs Year Course

Contact Us
  • time Recent High School Graduates: 17-19 Years Old
  • location Tel Aviv-Yafo and Jerusalem
  • duration Nine Months
Apply Now



Hadassah offers limited need-based scholarships. Only registered Year Course Classic and Specialty Track applicants are eligible for consideration. Olami applicants are not eligible for financial assistance from Hadassah/Young Judaea. To access forms to apply for scholarships, click here.


MASA is an organization funded by the Jewish Agency for Israel and the government of Israel to help fund people who want to go on Israel programs. On their website is a list of all eligible programs. Their scholarships are available when signing up for a long term Israel program.

Community Sources

Jewish Federations, synagogues, Jewish Community Centers and other community organizations have provided numerous scholarships for Israel programs. Should you require financial assistance, we encourage you to seek out and contact these funding sources early, as deadlines do exist.



Jewish National Fund’s “Plant Your Way to Israel” Program

Plant Your Way allows students to raise money for their trips to Israel, and help Israel at the same time. The program is simple! Once registered for PYW, students ask their family and friends to make donations in support of JNF’s forestry projects in Israel. Half of all the funds raised will go towards JNF projects, and the other half is held in an account for the student to be used for their trip. More information about Plant Your Way.

The Jewish Federation

The Jewish Federation is HUGE and very helpful when it comes to Israel programs. To find contact information for your local Federation, check out UJC and click on “Jewish Finder” at the top of the page. Please contact the Federation in your area for assistance.

Summer Camp

Some summer camps have scholarships or know of them for Israel programs.

Jewish Community Centers

Jewish Community Centers are always a good resource for scholarships, whether they have them or they know of private people who do. To find your local JCC (in North America), go to JCCA and click on “Find a JCC.”

Bureau of Jewish Education

Every city has a BJE and this is the most helpful resource. They ALL have funding for Israel programs. Consider going to the BJE where you currently live as well as past communities you have been a part of.


Synagogues sometimes have money set aside for scholarships to send their congregants or professionals to Israel. Ask the Education Director or Rabbi; they may be able to point you to other community resources as well.

Ever Involved in NFTY? BBYO?

Movements can prove to be helpful, although sometimes they are trip specific and only want to support their own trips. Try to contact a youth movement in which you are affiliated.

Israel Centers

Most of the time Israel Centers are connected to the Federations. Local Israel Centers are usually the most helpful in finding scholarships. They usually have an Israeli Shaliach (an Emissary from Israel) working full time to help people find ways to get to Israel. They also are the most knowledgeable on what scholarships are available and how to get them. They can pull strings and are usually more than willing to help.



Hillel’s sometimes have scholarship money aside to send their college students on Israel programs. There is never harm in asking. If they don’t have scholarships, ask the Hillel professional if they know of any. Visit the Hillel for more information.

The Web

Search the web. Sometimes private organizations like The Schusterman Foundation and The Koret Foundation post scholarship opportunities on their own website and nowhere else.

Israeli Shlichim from the Jewish Agency in your Community

If you have an Israeli Shaliach In your area, he may connect you to more scholarship opportunities

The Alisa Flatow Memorial Scholarship Fund

For post-high school study in Israel programs which earn college credits. The intention of the Fund is for those students showing academic promise in religious studies and a need for financial assistance to pursue study in Israel, and it is open to men and women who are not currently in Israel. The contact is Wallace Greenat

View a multitude of other scholarship resources that are out there.

Ask at School

The Year Course academic programs are run through the American Jewish University, which is a fully accredited university; therefore, many regular college scholarships can apply to the programs regardless of the fact that they are in Israel. Additionally, your guidance counselor may know of scholarships for study abroad programs for which Young Judaea would qualify.

QUESTIONS? Please email We will respond to your questions within 72 hours (Shabbat and holidays excluded).

Ready to Register for Year Course?

If you need additional information please contact us at or call us at 1-866-599-2534