- time Recent High School Graduates: 17-19 Years Old
- location Tel Aviv-Yafo and Jerusalem
- duration Nine Months
Tiyul – Outdoors Track
Do you love nature?
Are you a fan of the outdoors?
Do you enjoy hiking with friends?
If so, the Tiyul-Hiking Track is just the place for you!
Year Course Tiyul-Hiking Track offers a unique opportunity for you to explore Israel, up close and personal. During the program you will travel throughout the country, discover Israel with your legs, learn about the unique nature of Israel and connect with your friends and with Israel through challenging outdoor experiences.
- Hiking in all the different areas of Israel and explore their unique characteristics and landscapes;
- Learning about the various types of plants, flowers and animals unique to each area of the country;
- Bonding with your friends while challenging yourself on Israel’s most beautiful hikes;
- Spending some nights sleeping under the stars;
- Learning important outdoor skills such as camping, navigation, outdoor cooking, and more!
The Tiyul-Hiking track will go on approximately 7-8 hikes on top of regular YC hikes. The hikes include 3 overnight hikes to the Galilee, the Negev and the Golan Heights.
No prior experience is needed in order to be a participant on this program- you just need the love of the outdoors and passion for hiking. Click here to register!
Jacob Bass, YC 15-16
Tiyul track was definitely one of the best decisions I made on Year Course. Hiking in Israel is fun, but it’s hard to get to some places, and tiyul track made getting to these places a lot easier with musch less hassle and was a really enjoyable experience.
Matt Kreitman, YC 15-16
It really took to me to places I would not have otherwise gotten to see and it encouraged me to go hiking on my weekends off. I have to say that one of the best decisions of Year Course for me was going on Tiyul Track.