Camp Young Judaea Sprout Lake is a nonprofit Jewish overnight camp serving over 500 campers each summer. Camp Young Judaea Sprout Lake strives to provide a supportive and dynamic environment in which Jewish youth can explore, grow, and mature. Our programming aims to strengthen Jewish identity, foster a connection to Israel, create lasting friendships, encourage individual achievement, and heighten self-esteem and leadership skills.
This position is responsible for developing and executing strategic marketing and outreach plans to recruit campers, retain campers, engage with alumni, connect with communities, and be the public face of Camp Young Judaea Sprout Lake. Reporting to the Camp Director, the Assistant Director of Marketing & Outreach serves as a key advisor to the CYJ Sprout Lake (CYJSL) full time team and an active participant in making strategic decisions affecting the organization. The position involves residence at Camp throughout the summer in Verbank, NY and residence the rest of the year in New York, NY.
Responsibilities are included but not limited to:
Marketing & Outreach • Develop, maintain and execute the CYJSL Marketing and Communications calendar
• Plan, write, and design mass and targeted communications, in both digital and print media
• Travel throughout the Northeast to recruit new campers via camp fairs, recruitment events, parlor meetings, open houses, and more.• Conduct a bi-weekly virtual tour of camp, and on-site tours, when applicable.
• Develop and produce print marketing for program and events including flyers, fact sheets, and brochures. Coordinating content development with other team members as required.
• Update and enhance website pages
• Plan, write, manage and post content to blogs
• Execute and track social media activity and performance metrics (via web analytics, and social media i
Manage all summer communications messaging the camp experience to families, alumni, and donors.
• Train, supervise and evaluate seasonal staff, including photographers, videographers, blogs, and all those responsible for outreach and engagement to camp families and alumni.
During the summer serve as the Program Director for camp
General • Assist in the process of interviewing and selecting staff.
• Attend and support camp/hub events as needed
• Function as a member of the summer leadership team and assume other responsibilities consistent with personal skill set and interests.
Qualifications • High energy and passion for Jewish Camp
• Extroverted with exceptional people skills, empathy, and the ability to build relationships easily
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Recreation or other related field; or 3 years related experience
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; ability to influence and engage a wide range of people while building long term relationships
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools
• Experience with Adobe InDesign and Photoshop, WordPress, and email marketing software
• Flexible and adaptable style; willing to engage in all areas of camp
• Ability to work both independently without close oversight, but also a team player who will productively engage with others at varying levels of seniority
• Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail
• A professional and resourceful style, the ability to take initiative, and manage multiple tasks and projects at a time
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions: • Able to travel
Duration: Full time
Benefits: Paid vacation, Sick leave, medical and dental